Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving


Posted by Hello

Keep your comments to yourself, but I need to learn to shut the fuck up sometimes. So does my son.


Thanksgiving, I rolled up to my folks house in Oregon, to spend some quality family time and all that. I took my son with me, which was a blast. But anyway, my parents had a whole lot of older people from their church over for dinner. The ones who didn't have any family in town, or were just plain annoying.

So after dinner my son goes on the tooth-brushing rampage. He's a freak for dental hygiene, which is a good thing. But if you brush your teeth too much, it can cause gum damage. (both my sisters are dental hygienists) So we have a rule that he brushes only after bath time. So now he wants to take a bath. I tell him that he can't until everybody goes home.

Well, he takes that advice, and promptly runs out to the living room. He goes up to Phyllis, this 87 year old lady in a wheelchair, and screams "GO HOME!!" I'm just hoping nobody heard him when he repeats himself....10 times. So now I'm pegged as having the devil child. Though, yelling at old people has always been a subject of humor for me.

Later on, they were all talking about the Passion of the Christ. Some where discussing why they chose to not watch the film. I pipe in with this gem:

"Well, you should watch it. After seeing what Jesus went through, it makes bouncing a check or losing your job not seem so bad."

-SILENCE-

I killed the conversation. It took them a full 5 minutes of uncomfortable silence to find another topic to discuss. I thought it was a logical point, but alas, they did not.


I'll post about "Black Friday" tomorrow. Getting up at 3:30am to go shopping can have interesting side effects.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old is your son?
I wouldn't have been that offended- I thought your comment was funny- but, I suppose Church people don't really have a sense of humour about those sorts of things.
I think people need to lighten up a little most, but, maybe that's just me. Hope your shopping trip went well or at least provided some amusment

AudibleEnforcer said...

My son is 3, and their sense of humor is not swift, or good.

Anonymous said...

muahaha. I wish I had been there. Having been around some of these ppl, I would of relished every minute of it.

db

Anonymous said...

hey man...blade 3 opens today. are we going to be able to stick to tradition?

db

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to put this site up. I've bookmarked it and will be back to spend some more time here.

Check out my thanksgiving wreath related site at http://holiday-stories-and-poetry.com.

John

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://dybaaqtf.com/edgp/hbku.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rijsxbca.com/ffqg/gefv.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://dybaaqtf.com/edgp/hbku.html | http://oqzjjwnj.com/pbrl/quis.html